This years winner of the Booker Prize is…
Posts Tagged ‘booker prize’
They’re narrowing down the prize for the best of fiction in 2008. Drumroll please…
Aravind Adiga The White Tiger (Atlantic)
Sebastian Barry The Secret Scripture (Faber and Faber)
Amitav Ghosh Sea of Poppies (John Murray)
Linda Grant The Clothes on Their Backs (Virago)
Philip Hensher The Northern Clemency (Fourth Estate)
Steve Toltz A Fraction of the Whole (Hamish Hamilton)
I’ve read work by Barry and Ghosh, though neither of the novels that are nominated. Can’t say I was sorry to see Rushdie get cut. Though I’m definitely a Rushdie lover (not a hater), he’s had his fair share of the Booker limelight this year.
The winner of the big 50,000 pounds is revealed on October 14th! Thoughts? Predictions?
Or, if like me, you’re a little clueless, what’s your own personal Best of the Booker?
- The White Tiger by Aravind Adiga
- Girl in a Blue Dress by Gaynor Arnold
- The Secret Scripture by Sebastian Barry
- From A to X by John Berger
- The Lost Dog by Michelle de Kretser
- Sea of Poppies by Amitav Ghosh
- The Clothes on Their Backs by Linda Grant
- A Case of Exploding Mangoes by Mohammed Hanif
- The Northern Clemency by Philip Hensher
- Netherland by Joseph O’Neill
- The Enchantress of Florence by Salman Rushdie
- Child 44 by Tom Rob Smith
- A Fraction of the Whole by Steve Toltz
Has anyone read any of these?